Uninterested in incomes pennies (or peanuts or whichever cliche for crappy pay you favor) and able to learn to write for cash on-line for actual?
We’re uninterested in it, too. That’s why Make a Residing Writing pays for posts, and why our charges vary begin at $150 relying on the kind of article we fee (however please observe we aren’t presently open to submission). And it’s why we replace our record of websites that pay frequently.
Under is an up to date model of the Make a Residing Writing record of internet sites that pay at the very least $50 per publish.
Write for cash: 80+ web sites that pay freelance writers $50+
What’s included on this write for cash roundup (and what’s not included)
In some circumstances, these websites hold it on the down low precisely what they pay. We’re together with markets the place freelance writers in our community report they pay greater than $50, so as to deliver you the widest number of paying markets doable.
We additionally eliminated websites that aren’t presently accepting pitches, which knocked an excellent portion of the writing-focused websites off. Websites the place you solely have a shot at incomes $50 writing on spec, or based mostly on site visitors or advert clicks, are NOT included. This can be a record of markets providing assured pay solely!
The record runs the gamut of matters, from parenting and knitting to enterprise and writing, so there needs to be one thing right here for everybody, it doesn’t matter what sort of writing job you’re searching for.
And don’t overlook, if you happen to’re able to supercharge your freelance writing profession, the Freelance Writers Den has over 300 hours of on-demand bootcamp trainings you possibly can entry 24/7 plus an unique group of 1,500+ members sharing useful recommendation day in and time out. There’s additionally a direct referral program with new alternatives to earn money writing posted often. Get on the ready record now so you possibly can take your profession to the following stage.
As all the time, we respect any corrections or additions. Right here’s the record.
Coaches Coaching Weblog is searching for articles about teaching—enterprise, life, profession, and other forms. Pay based mostly on task
Copyhackers pays $300-$1,000 for articles about copywriting, branding, working a enterprise, and extra. Learn the submission tips rigorously to pitch
CEO Hangout can pay $50 if you happen to pre-arrange it with the editor—ship a pitch and negotiate fee earlier than writing the article. They run posts concerning the CEO life-style, success tales, interviews, and different reported options of curiosity to enterprise leaders
HerMoney pays $150 for articles about ladies and cash. They record a blackhole editorial@ electronic mail tackle, so take time to analysis which editor is best-suited to your matter. Begin with Kathryn Tuggle, chief content material officer
FreelanceMom pays $75-$100 for posts about working a enterprise as a busy dad or mum
FreshBooks (yup, that very same freelancer invoicing web site we suggest) pays $200 a publish and up. They’ve eliminated their contributors web page since we first revealed this text, however they nonetheless reportedly settle for pitches sometimes for his or her weblog
Acorns has a web based pub known as Develop Journal that pays $50+ for finance writing geared towards millennials. They don’t have tips posted, however they advised me to undergo [email protected] with the phrase STORY in your topic line. We don’t usually suggest these generic emails, however as a result of the pub continues to be new, it may not be an enormous black gap but
IncomeDiary pays $150-$300 for articles about being profitable on-line, together with search engine marketing, affiliate gross sales, and site visitors technology
Mirasee pays $200 for 1,000- to 2,000-word posts on advertising, enterprise productiveness, and development matters. NOTE: Mirasee publishes visitor articles by invitation solely
RankPay pays $50 for articles about search engine marketing, content material advertising, and social media
LiisBeth is all about feminist entrepreneurs. Research the rules, learn previous articles, and take a look at the About web page and LiisBeth manifesto to get a really feel for the viewers. Pay is dependent upon task
Good Blogger often invitations writers to craft posts on content material advertising and freelancing by means of its job board. Assignments usually pay $150 to $350. BONUS: Even when there aren’t present assignments out there to jot down for Good Blogger’s weblog, the job board presents quite a few paid writing alternatives from different websites
Aish accepts first-person accounts on the constructive affect of Orthodox Jewish beliefs on on a regular basis life—and so they reportedly pay $200 on publication. Know the frum life to succeed right here, and electronic mail [email protected]
Hearst owns greater than 200 magazines worldwide and plenty of of them settle for pitches and pay writers a minimal of $100. You possibly can write for cash about all kinds of matters, however so as to pitch it’s essential to observe down the person journal editors and evaluation their requires pitches
Dame reportedly pays $350-$750 for essays. They do settle for reported options and different article varieties, and pay charges might range for these
Mind Little one Journal publishes long-form essays on a variety of matters. Pay is reported as $300 for 1,500 to 4,500-word essays
Eureka Avenue is an Australian web site that pays $200 for evaluation or commentary on politics, faith, common tradition or present occasions in Australia and the world. Additionally they pay $50 for poetry (take a look at our full information to poetry jobs), which appears to be a rarity nowadays
Guideposts reportedly pays $250 for Christian faith-based essays
LightHouse pays $100 for uplifting essays by blind or visually-impaired writers
Narratively reportedly pays $200-300 for two,000- to 2,500-word essays on particular matters. Examine their tips for a listing of present wants
The New York Occasions Fashionable Love column reportedly pays as a lot as $300 for essays on any matter that could possibly be categorized as fashionable love
Skirt reportedly pays $200 for 300- to 800-word essays about ladies’s points
The Daring Italic could be an incredible match if you happen to’re from San Francisco or have a connection to town. Previous essay matters have included the gig financial system, on-line courting, psychological sickness, and extra. Pay is $50 per essay
Vox reportedly pays within the $400 vary for private essays of about 1,500 phrases. Pitch email@example.com
Buzzfeed has an estimated 168 million distinctive guests each month, and so they publish all kinds of matters to maintain these guests entertained and knowledgeable. Pay is reported to be between $0.13 and $0.27 per phrase
Household and Parenting
Simply Dad and mom is a UK-based web site that focuses on being pregnant and parenting. They reportedly pay $60 per publish
Dad or mum.co posts non-snarky articles about parenting and household points. Pay reportedly begins at $50
Fatherly is searching for parenting recommendation and humorous experiences with youngsters from a dad’s perspective. Pay based mostly on task
38. PsychCentral covers psychological well being. They don’t record a pay price on their web site, and so they didn’t reply to our question about pay, however a reader on final yr’s record reported they’re a paying market. TIP: The web site says they don’t pay, however exceptions are made if you happen to talk about fee BEFORE submitting
Way of life and Normal Curiosity
39. BBC Britain doesn’t publish their pay price, however I’ve seen reviews of $350-$1,000 for numerous BBC websites. Pitch tales with a British slant for a global viewers
41. BookBrowse pays for guide opinions! Writers accepted into their steady of reviewers will earn a reported $50 for a 600-word evaluation
42. Adoptive Household accepts pitches on all points of the adoption course of. Pay based mostly on task
43. The Day by day Beast reportedly pays $250 and up. Their submission tips have a black-hole editorial@ electronic mail tackle, so that you’ll wish to do some digging to search out the proper particular person to pitch
44. Backpacker is all about wilderness mountain climbing. Pay based mostly on task
45. getAbstract reportedly pays $300 for longer (2,000-4,000 phrase) guide summaries
46. Gothamist pays $50-$150 for reported items about New York when the publication is open for submissions
47. Backstage is a useful resource for performing artists. Pay is reported at $0.14/phrase – pitch Briana Rodriguez, Editor-in-Chief, on LinkedIn
49. The Dialog doesn’t publish their charges, nevertheless it’s reported by our group that they pay effectively
50. Knitty raised their charges to $300 for articles about knitting and knitting patterns. Additionally they have a sister web site—Knittyspin—for knitters who like to make use of handspun yarn
51. Lifezette reportedly pays $100-$200 for articles on parenting, politics, religion, well being, and popular culture. Contact the suitable editor together with your concept. NOTE: Lifezette has eliminated their editorial contact web page so that you’ll need to do some digging
52. Listverse pays $100 for lengthy (1,500 phrase) lists on numerous matters
53. New York Observer pays $100 on posts about politics and tradition for “subtle readership of metropolitan professionals”
54. OZY does enable freelancers to jot down for cash, however charges range
55. Paste reportedly pays $50+ for submissions in many various areas
56. Playboy reportedly pays as much as $350, relying on the subject. NOTE: Playboy has eliminated their editorial contact web page so that you’ll need to do some digging
57. Fairly Designs covers trend and wonder. You’ll want to barter per-post pay
58. Refinery29 reportedly pays $75 and up for slideshows, articles, and essays on numerous matters. Additionally they publish their wants for particular columns on their tips web page
59. Salon pays $100-$200 for essays and reported options, even very lengthy ones
61. The Pill pays for articles on Jewish information, concepts, and tradition. Pay varies, so be ready to barter. I noticed a report of $1,000 for a closely reported 2,000+ phrase function
62. Upworthy reportedly pays $150-$200 for 500-word posts
63. Vice‘s pay price varies, so you will want to barter if you happen to’d like to jot down about meals, expertise, music, trend, and different life-style matters
64. YourTango reportedly pays $50 for posts on love, intercourse, journey, psychological well being, and absolutely anything else that impacts your relationships
65. A Record Aside covers internet design. They reportedly pay $200 per article
66. The Graphic Design Faculty weblog pays $100-$200 for articles and tutorials about Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and open supply design instruments. NOTE: This web site has eliminated its submission tips web page, and it’s not clear whether or not they nonetheless take visitor posts
67. Linode reportedly pays $250 for articles about Linux, Socket.io, NoSQL databases, sport servers, Open Change, and Internet RTC
68. SitePoint reportedly pays $100-$150 for articles on HTML, CSS, Ruby, PHP, internet improvement and extra
69. SlickWP reportedly pays $100 for posts about WordPress and the Genesis Theme framework
70. Tuts+ pays $100 and up for tutorials on numerous applied sciences, together with internet design and Flash. Tuts as soon as ran a community of 16 totally different blogs, together with Freelance Swap, however now it’s all collectively on a single web site that encompasses design, gaming, images, writing, and extra
71. WordCandy reportedly pays $0.06 to $0.10 cents per phrase for ghostwritten items about WordPress—these will seem on a few of the bigger WordPress blogs, resembling wpmudev
72. WPHub reportedly pays $100-$200 for posts on internet design developments, coding greatest practices, and different WordPress-related matters
Journey and Meals
73. Expatics serves U.S. expatriates. That is one other web site the place you’ll want to barter pay earlier than you write your article
74. Fund Your Life Abroad reportedly pays $75 for articles about enterprise concepts that present sufficient revenue for U.S. ex-pats
75. Saveur reportedly begins at $150 for “wonderful tales about meals and journey”
76. The Salt (NPR’s meals weblog) reportedly pays $200+
77. ClearVoice is a platform to attach bloggers with manufacturers in numerous niches, in addition to commissioning posts for its personal weblog. Pay is variable however ranges as excessive as $250-$400 from what we’ve seen to date. Whenever you apply, you set the charges you’re prepared to simply accept; then, the platform emails you when acceptable alternatives come up. It’s not a bid web site—charges are preset. However gigs are offered to a number of writers, after which the shopper chooses who they’ll work with. Fortunately, there’s no elaborate utility course of, as soon as your profile is about, you merely reply that you just’re , and so they let you understand if you happen to win the job
79. Freedom with Writing pays $50-$150 for lists of paying publishers. Additionally they pay for brief ebooks, so there’s an possibility for longer-form content material too
80. Make a Residing Writing. That’s proper, this weblog pays for visitor articles, beginning at $150, relying on complexity and analysis wanted. Make sure to learn our tips totally, particularly our record of the matters we’re actively searching for visitor posts on proper now. Pitching a kind of will significantly enhance your odds!
Earlier than you pitch any of those websites, learn the rules rigorously and examine the posts they’ve already run. Be sure you both have a recent matter or a brand new method of exploring a difficulty they’ve coated earlier than.
Paying markets are extra aggressive than posting on free websites. And the extra unhealthy pitches a web site receives, the likelier they may rethink whether or not they even settle for visitor posts, not to mention pay for them. (Imagine me, this occurs, and it’s the cause some websites we’ve listed earlier than are not accepting pitches.)
Need assistance studying pitch a paying visitor publish?